Sunday, April 10, 2011

Still Here

Yes, I am still Alive and Kicking. But, more like Rising from the Dead - my COMPUTER *seemed* to be having software issues, so I took it in for a tune-up. However, what I was actually watching was the slow death of my hard-drive. At first, it appeared that all my data had been sucessfully captured and transfered to the new hard drive.

I took my newly revamped computer home and started it up. Uh-oh. One complete folder of one of my jewelery sites was GONE. Frantic phone call. I was told, well, it wasn't there when we got it or it would have been transferred to the new drive.

Really? It was there when the computer was powered up on the counter. Big Problem.

After an eternity, data was able to be recovered from the old hard drive and I have been sifting through it and re-sorting into folders. The photos alone number over 32,000........yes, thirty-two THOUSAND.

So, this is going to take a bit longer, but just wanted to pop in, say "HI" and to let you know this:

NO, it is NOT too much trouble to copy your files to CDs or a USP stick or even a backup to an OUTSIDE SOURCE......a backup to your hard drive does NOT work. Please, take the time to copy (I prefer copy to backup because of the format) your important data to a safe place. Programs can be re-installed. Sorting "RECOVERED DATA" is a Pain In The Neck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment